Recipes from Show Me St. Louis Show on March 20th
How to make a “chia-egg” Combine 1 Tbs. of ground chia seed with 3 Tbs. of filtered water and use as an egg/thickener.
Chia Seed Pudding
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp honey (try local!)
Soak chia seeds in water for 10 minutes
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined
Store in a glass jar in the fridge
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Banana Ice Cream
- Do substitute Greek yogurt for buttermilk or heavy cream, two things you might not readily have in your fridge (who has buttermilk in their fridge?) Just water it down slightly to match the consistency.
- Do put it in your ice cream maker, it freezes faster and creamier than regular yogurt. Plus the healthy bacteria will even survive a freezing!
- Do be aware of the temperature. The longer your Greek yogurt is out of the fridge the thinner it will appear. A stint in the fridge will thicken it back up again, so give it a chill before you deem it ruined.
Do marinate! This is once instance where Greek yogurt’s clinginess is a good thing.
Do replace sour cream cup for cup in muffin and coffee cake recipes
Replace cream cheese with Greek yogurt in cheesecakes